Monday, November 17, 2008

Tanjong Puteri Golf Resort, Johor

November 5 – 6, 2008

After a long drive from Kuala Lumpur, Zack and I stopped at Tanjong Puteri for a round of golf before our meeting in Singapore. Zack chose the course because we had not played there before and it was affiliated to our club, Staffield.

Tanjong Puteri is a 54-hole course with three 18s. We played at 2 of them, Plantation Course and Village Course the following day.

Plantation Course




This is a members’ course. We were allowed to play because of the affiliation. The first nine is a very beautifully landscaped and mature course. It measures 6,454m from blue tees.

Village Course
Me, Deputy High Commissioner to Singapore, DI and Zack

The Deputy Commissioner's ball got stuck in the palm tree

One of the best par-3 holes I have played

This was one of, if not the best course that I have played in my golfing life. The course design was so well-thought that I had enjoyed it so much. Most greens were well guarded by elements of water and bunkers that called for precision shots. I managed to register 3 pars here. To me it was not the score but the thrill of playing in such a fantastic course.


I would definitely come back…

No comments: