Sunday, March 7, 2010

MAYBANK MALAYSIAN OPEN 2010

March 4 - 7, 2010


This year, the Malaysian Open was hosted by Kuala Lumpur Golf & Country Club. Immediately after my Chap Goh Meh Tournament at Staffield GCC, I headed there. It was the final day. I had to park my car very far from the entrance and walked a few kilometers to the club. It was almost 4pm and nobody bothered to check for entrance tickets.

I made my way to the 18th green hoping to catch the last few flights which normally consisted of those on the leader board. I was lucky. I was in time for the last three flights.

The crowd Action on the 18th. green

Asia's No.1 player, Thongchai Jaidee failed to deliver on the last day.

Noh Seung-Yul, 18 year old from Korea won the 2010 Malaysian Open beating compatriot K.J. Choi by one stroke

Noh Seung-Yul and K.J. Choi with the officials before the presentation ceremony.

VVIPs included the PM, Sports Minister, MGA Chairman and Maybank's senior bankers. The weather was super hot and dry averaging above 37 degrees Celcius. These guys had jackets on. Wow!
Final Scoreboard

No comments: