Sunday, August 3, 2008

Tawau, Sabah, MALAYSIA

July 25, 2008

We reached Tawau in time for us to have our breakfast at the local restaurant in town. Jamil, Zack’s son and our branch manager was at the airport to fetch us. After breakfast, we proceeded to the warehouse and thereafter to Shansui Golf Club.

The flight at Shansui: Me, Jamil, John Phung (JP), Shahrul & Zack

I called my friend John Phung to join us for a round of golf. John only played golf when I was around, or so he told me. I believed him. He was struggling with his game so much that we asked Zack, Shahrul and Jamil to proceed leaving the two of us behind.

With JP at Asia's Best Par 5

The game was getting from bad to worse. Before we reached the 9th hole, we called it quit. We drove back to town for lunch. Later we went to Jamil’s house to join Zack and Shahrul to go to the airport.

Shahrul at Asia's Best Par 5


John Phung in action

That was the end of our Borneo tour of duty.

No comments: