Monday, October 20, 2008

Arau, Perlis, MALAYSIA


Arau used to be a one street town, too small for most people to pay any visit. This was the place where I grew up. This is also the place where I go back now and then to visit my root. It has not changed much except most of the people I knew either died or no longer stayed here anymore. Still, Arau remains very close to me. I had my primary education here before moving to Seremban and later to the United States.


The Train Station was the main transportation hub for Arau

The Old Mosque now abandoned, looks so small

It was along this corridor of the old mosque where we learned to recite Quran

My late mother and most of my relatives were buried here

Arau has its own attraction, in its own way. Being the royal town, there is the palace. The state mosque is in Arau. The Royal Mausoleum is also there. I guess, it is still too small to really be a tourist destination.

No comments: