Monday, March 2, 2009

Curtin University of Technology, WESTERN AUSTRALIA

Nina’s Convocation
February 19, 2009

It was Nina’s big day. She’s graduating from Curtin with a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management. That was the reason for our trip to Perth this time.
The Graduation Venue

A week earlier Nina was down with chicken pox which she contracted from her brother, Anas. She was carrying the scars when we had to make the Perth trip. I was more worried of the Australian immigration stopping us from entering because of the visible chicken pox scars. We got through.
Curtin's Campus
With Dad and Brother at the Business School

The graduation ceremony was held in an open space in the evening. We were all dressed our best to see our only daughter receiving her scroll. We arrived earlier to take some photos around the campus. It could be our last trip. I was in full suit and tie, something that I had not done for many years. It was really hot that day. As for Anas, he wore a shirt with collar for the first time in his life. We all dressed for the occasion.
All in the Family

Before the ceremony

It was dark when the ceremony began. At least it was cooler a bit. When Nina’s name was called up to the stage, I was beaming with pride. There were more Asian students than local graduating that day. I had a feeling that Curtin has mostly international students. We paid 3 to 4 times more than the local for the students’ fees. It made sense for business.
And so it began
After receiving her scroll

There was some light refreshment after the ceremony. Then we were off to Makan Makan Restaurant in Victoria Park. After sending the gang back to the hotel, I headed to Burswood for a last fling.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear P Chin..

Congrats to your daughter n the whole family!

Nina looks exactly like yr Mrs masa dulu2!
(Is the phrase politically correct!?) I have to ignore the age factor!

Charlie B

Unknown said...

Dear P Chin..

Congrats to your daughter n the whole family!

Nina looks exactly like yr Mrs masa dulu2!
(Is the phrase politically correct!?) I have to ignore the age factor!

Charlie B

kamnan said...

Thanks Charlie. I thought she looked like me :-)

Rich said...

Dear Husin,

Congratulation on your daughter graduation from Australia. Bila nak main golf kat Canada/Toronto?

Rich Fozi

kamnan said...

Rich,

Wow! Never expected to hear from you from Canada. Once we finish S.E. Asian Tour, we may drop by. Good to hear from you mate!

Just came back from Phuket with Zack.

Rich said...

I am remember all of my friends throughout the world. I will be in KL in mid of May 2009. Perhaps, we can play a round of golf and have a good dinner. I will drop by the office.

Send my regard t Zaki.

Rich Fozi

Unknown said...

hi ,just want to ask how nina apply for curtin university? i am from alor setar, kedah and i'll sit for SPM this year.. how about nina's spm result?