Monday, April 26, 2010

Medan, INDONESIA

April 14 - 16, 2010

It was supposed to be a farewell trip to a golfing friend, Datuk Iskandar. Unfortunately he had to report for duty as the new Malaysian Ambassador to China on the 11th. Since we had already bought tickets, we did not let it come to waste. So, another trip to Medan.

Two days after coming back from Shanghai and still nursing the cold I caught there, I was back to hitting balls. This time in Medan. First on our Medan Tour, right after arrival, was Royal Sumatera GC.

Flight mates @ Royal Sumatera GC. From left, Datuk Puad, Datuk Rosli, me, Not Yet Datuk Haji Amir, Datuk Mohd Noor. Datuk Rosli was the Tiger Wood of the group sweeping the top spot and the purse money almost everyday.

Royal's last hole. Of all the golf courses in Medan, Royal Sumatera came up top in my list. It has character and there are buggies for spoilt golfers like us.

We had lunch at this restaurant before a golf round at Graha. This place is famous for its soup and daging bakar (grilled beef). It was palatable.

On the second day we played at Graha Metropolitan Golf Club. It is a walking course. Perhaps it is a bit too much for a group of old men. Haji Amir taking a rest under the shade of the palm trees. I guess I was the fittest in the group. I also won the pool.

My caddy, Armayanti. She was such a good caddy that I played my best game ever in one nine. I got 6 pars. Unfortunately, for the second nine, I was back to my normal game of being consistently inconsistent. I blame it on walking in the mid day heat.

No comments: